Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gotcha

One of my earliest memories was about my Dad. I can remember being in a group of adults. I was toddling around, looking for my dad and the sun was in my eyes. I couldn't see him, but I could hear his voice laughing and talking. I found his slacks, so I reached up, and said, "Daddy up!"

I was picked up. To my surprise it was not my father. I panicked and looked around for my daddy...he was not far from me so I squealed to be rescued from the stranger I thought was him.

Once I was in his arms I felt safe and was ready to face the crowd of people.

I want to speak to someone out there. Someone who has been walking around, trying to find the answer to their emptiness. You reached for something you thought would satisfy your need for comfort and now find yourself in the clutch of a nightmare. You feel like you are forever trapped, a slave to sin and there is no way out, and the grip seems to tighten every day.

What should you do? Do not fear. Your heavenly Father is there with you, waiting for you to reach out to Him. He will scoop you up and hold you close. All you need to do is reach out and call, "Abba! Father!"

You see, you are His child...you just climbed into the wrong arms. I pray you find God and His peace for your life today.

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15

He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. Psalm 91:4

No comments: